Long ago Mars was an oasis of running water. Today, the Martian surface is a sterile, barren desert. Here on Earth, who knows what climactic knobs we unwittingly turn, which might one day render Earth as dry and lifeless as Mars.
--Neil deGrasse Tyson
Astrophysicist, American Museum of Natural History
When PI Diana Hunter strips away multiple layers of deception and false leads she learns that Evelyn Lilac's novel, The Martian Diary, is more than science fiction. Hidden within her story are allegations of corporate greed and crime that could lead to ecological disaster.
When Evelyn is murdered in the same bizarre manner as her fictional heroine, Diana finds herself at the vortex of a high octane conspiracy to silence Evelyn's tale. As the body count rises, Diana goes undercover at the Blue Morpho Petroleum plant, concealed in a remote area of the Costa Rican rain forest. There she finally learns the terrifying secret behind Blue Morpho's new alternative fuel, Red 19.
Facing a corporation with power and influence that places it above the law, Diana must find the hiding place of Evelyn's hard evidence and then find some way to reveal it to the world before she too is silenced.
- Paperback: 210 pages
- Publisher: Lobathian Publishers (July, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0-9821370-1-X
- ISBN-13: 978-0-9821370-1-7
- Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 0.525 inches
- 2nd Printing (lightly edited and reissued)
- Price: $10.95
- Old Poison paperback edition at Amazon.com
- Old Poison paperback edition at CreateSpace
- Old Poison Kindle edition at Amazon.com
- Old Poison is available as an ebook at smashwords.com in all formats including Kindle, Sony Reader, Palm Doc, Epub, PDF and online reading!